It is important to care for your clip-in hair extensions for the best results. Hair extensions can last for a long time if properly taken care of. Especially hair extensions that are manufactured with 100% Remy Human Hair.
Here are some clip-in hair extension tips and tricks to protect your hair -
- Gently brush your hair extensions before and after use. It's fine to brush them while your wearing them too!
- Brush your clip-in extensions before storing them.
- Make sure you keep your hair extensions in a carrier bag when not in use or when you are traveling. The bag offers protection.
- After removing your extensions, ensure that the clips are fully closed.
- After washing your hair, use a leave-in conditioner to preserve smoothness and vibrance.
- Do not over wash your clip in hair extensions and always use a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner.
- Style, straighten and curl your extensions just like you would your own hair.
- Before applying any thermal styling, make sure the extensions are dry and use a heat protectant.
- Do not dye or bleach your hair extensions. It will damage them.
- Clip in hear extensions do not do well when exposed to long periods of heat. Leaving them in direct sunlight for long periods may damage them.
- Hair extensions may shed. It is not uncommon that hair extensions shed like a head of real hair.
- Brushing hair extensions while they are wet is a big no-no!
- It is possible to sleep with clip-in hair extensions but most people remove them.